September 30, 2014




September 30, 2014

Hey there!!!!

BUENAS!!!!

So this week all went so well!!! Thanks to miracles and blesses from the Lord!!!! We were really trying to get up our lessons with members, so we put a goal to focus more on our every day goals. Every day we are going to strive to get the goals we really put, that they are going to be focused goals that we know with the help and the will of the Lord we can complete!!! We had set a goal in district meeting that each area should
have 20 lessons with members and our goal as a companionship was to have 25. We set a goal to get 3 each day to at least meet the goal of the district and by way of hard work and miracles we would have 25 with  members!!! Well, we did it!!! We focused on getting 3 to 4 lessons a day and had some amazing, amazing miracles!!!


On Sunday night, our last lesson was with the little boy Antoni we are teaching!!! We took him and his Mom, Reina over to the F. Galindo's house and there we had a GREAT lesson. He understood all of it and we were able to teach all of the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (lesson 3)!!! We ended up at the end of the week with 12 lessons in the house of a member!!!! Almost half of our lessons with members were in houses of members!!!! I am SO GRATEFUL to this ENTIRE ward who is helping us SO MUCH!!!! We are getting a few references here and there including one from the Bishop!!!! We are contacting him today!!! It's a Dad of a family that just moved to the area. He has no problems with the Word of Wisdom and they are married. We just have to build his Fe and bauptize him!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!!

Hna Graham and I had a good growing experience this week as companions. It turns out that she kind of hurt my feelings one morning and I told her off for it. Then I thought we had gotten over it, but in my rash words I had hurt her feelings. And she felt that I wasn't listening to her. Well on Monday morning during exercise, we had a little out burst. And I was like, oh great, I really don't even know what to do here!!! I started praying and I know she did too. It was amazing though because we started Personal Study and both of us were led by the Spirit. We both studied what we could do better to communicate our feelings. She read in Preach My Gospel about Listening and I read the talk by, I cant remember his name right now, one of the Seventies from last General Conference entitled, What Are You Thinking. I know contention literally comes from the devil, he will use those weaknesses in us to bring feelings of hurt, hate and pride. But Heavenly Father will use those weaknesses to teach us to rely on Him and be made strong. I know through Christ we can conquer any temptation of Satan. He can heal hurt feelings, take out hate and cleanse us from pride. Whenever you feel even a tint of one of those bad feelings attacking at your heart, start praying and be careful what you say!!! And do!!! I was SO THANKFUL and HAPPY because durring Companionship Study we were able to completely talk it out!!! We shared what we learned and discussed what we could each do better and what we could do to help the other person feel loved and appreciated!!! I know that at times, maybe more times then I would like in the future, my husband and I or whoever else are not always going to agree. We are going to have sensitive and hurt feelings. But there is never cause to raise your voice or act irrationally. Heavenly Father will help us work things out. He knows our hearts and understands our point of view. Turn to the Spirit to guide you in all you say and do, especially when communicating with a loved one, everyone really, because we all should be LOVED ones. We are all children of the same Heavenly Father who LOVES and UNDERSTANDS us PERFECTLY!!!! And don't just avoid contention. when we feel hurt inside. Make an effort to show more love to that person and you can start by figuring out how it is that they feel LOVE. For example, maybe someone likes when you make cookies for them, but maybe just listening to them now and then is actually of more worth and value to them. Its a bit tricky, but that is why we have the help of a Loving Heavenly Father through the Spirit!!! Yeah, so that is what I learned this week!!!  It definitely gave Hope for the future with my spouse!!! Hahaha!!! Lets Hope that is FAR, FAR in the future!!! 

Also, we have a bauptism on Friday!!! WHOOHOO!!! Javier!!! I am SO THANKFUL and EXCITED he finally gets to be bauptized!!! He has waited SO MANY years!!! He said he doesn't want to wait another day!!! And he only has 3 more left!!!! And last Monday, we had a Noche de Hogar with the Bishop in his house with Natali and her Mom and her little sister Angi. And we finally by way of the Lord got the permission from her Mom that she can be bauptized!!!!!! MIRACLE!!!! She was the first person I taught when I came here 6 weeks ago!!! She was SO EXCITED!!! She has wanted to be bauptized and Serve a Mission since her parents were bauptized when she was four!!! But what happened is that when we went to get her Saturday morning for her interview, we were asking a few questions and it came out that she had drunken coffee the night before. She doesn't have a habit of doing it at all, she just drank it accidentally. But we had to move the bauptism until the 12th. Poor thing, she was SO disappointed!!! But we are going to see her baptized and confirmed this month!!! I am very, VERY excited for this month!!! September was the first month and change in my entire Mission that I have never had a baptism, but I know that The Lord just needs us to keep growing our Fe so that He can work miracles through us in October!!! We will focus on baptisms each week and I know by our Fe and prayers of EVERYONE we will see COUNTLESS MIRACLES!!!!! We have the meta of 6 bauptisms, with 2 families and 2 men!!! I know we can complete that goal as we focus diligently on the little steps everyday!!! Like 3 with a member, 35 contacts, 10 families. Reading our scriptures every night and filling out registros. Focusing our studies on the needs of the investigador and doing things effectively!!! I know that it is those little things each day, the virtuous thoughts every hour, every minute that bring to pass the miracles that the Lord wants to work through us!!!! I Know The Lord!!! I KNOW He LIVES and LOVES US!!!!! I KNOW that He suffered and died for us ALL!!!!! I know that through Him we can all be cleansed to enter into the Celestial Kingdom and live with God in the Mansion He has prepared for us!!!!! I LOVE and am SO THANKFUL I have the opportunity to Serve our Heavenly Father in doing His work here on Earth as a personal Representative of Jesus Christ!!!! I Hope with all my heart, might, mind and strength that in this life, I can complete all I covenanted with the Lord I would do in the Premortal Existance!!!! I know that only by following the Spirit and being EXACTLY OBEDIENT will I be Blessed with those Miracles I desire!!! But I know and testify that the Lord fulfills ALL and EVERY SINGLE ONE of His promises and Blessings!!!! I LOVE my Father in Heaven and I am SO THANKFUL for His Eternal Plan!!!! I am SO THANKFUL for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I testify as a personal Representative of Jesus Christ that they LIVE and LOVE US and ONLY BY HIS PLAN, by the Sacrifice and LOVE of our Savior Jesus Christ we can return to live with Him!!! So to all those that have not yet choosen to completely give your life to Him, to all those I LOVE SO MUCH with ALL my heart who are reading this and not yet bauptized, please read the Book of Mormon, pray to know if it is true, pray to know if Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God and that their is a true and living Prophet guiding His church, His one and only true church that has the rightful claim to His Power and Authority, the Preisthood and when you feel the answer come over you, filling your heart with LOVE, JOY and Hope from Him, by the power of His Holy Spirit, be bauptized by someone holding that true authority, someone who honors their Preisthood, in the name of Jesus Christ and enter into His Glory!!! I share these things, in the Holy name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen.

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!! GOD SPEED!!!!!!!! LE AMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LE AMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LE AMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR
ALL OF THE FE AND PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


LOVE,
Hna Tarah Ray Sherrod


So lets see in Conference if they extend the time for girls to serve to 2 years!!! I think those 3 Nifites knew what they were doing when they chose to be Missionaries forever!!! haha!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment