July 15, 2014

July 15, 2014

Earthquake


I did feel the earthquake. It was pretty strong. It woke us up at like 5 in
the morning, but nothing fell down or anything, nothing broke. I was up on the
top bunk and my companion was in the other twin bed we have in our room and it
was really a blessing, because I was totally calm, maybe a bit too much...
I just woke up and was laying there for a second like, what? And then Hermana
Blackmer was like, there is an earthquake. I just said calmly, yeah there
is.... And after a second I asked, what are we suppose to do if there
is an earthquake? And she was like, um, I think were suppose to go outside.
Isn't that what you do when there are earthquakes? I was like, well I
know in school they told us to get under desks and stand in door ways... But
keep in mind I still am not even sitting up in my bed at this point. I am
still just laying there. So I was like, well what should we do? And then it
stopped and well I hadn't even looked at the clock to know what time it was
yet, so it stopped and we just went back to sleep. Yup, pretty much. Like I
said it was a really big Blessing. It didn't do any damage in my area, but
in other areas, it did. It was pretty strong, but I didn't feel scared at
all, you know me, I thought it was a really cool experience! Not as cool as
petting a jaguar, but you know! Yeah, I think the Spirit is just really
strong with us, so He calmed us. I didn't feel in danger and I have NO DOUBT
that God protects us. As long as we are exactly obedient to His
commandments we will be protected and if something happens, its because we
need to experience it. Well, I hope that helps you feel better! All safe
here in Guatemala!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment