May 13, 2014

May 13, 2014

So we eat lunch everyday with a member from the ward in this area and every
day it is different, which is really fun! We get to know the members and
have really good different types of Guatemalan food!!! So... We were at a
members house last week. And we came from out of the heat, so we were
really hot, really thirsty. We sat down and poured ourselves a drink from
the pitcher she had set out for us. I took a drink and thought it was good,
but I didn´t know what it was. (There are alot of really good juices here
that I have never had before). So I tasted it again to see if I could
figure it out and the clear thought came to my mind, "It´s tea." I have
never had iced tea in my life; I had no idea what iced tea tastes like. But
then I looked at the color and was like, I think that is the color of iced
tea. But I thought, she is a member, she wouldn´t be giving us iced tea,
right? So then I took another sip and thought, yeah, that´s tea. I set down
my glass and just at that moment, the sister we were eating with left the
room and Hna. Sol turned to me and asked (in English), is it tea? WHOA!!!!
The Spirit is AWESOME!!!!  I immediately replied, Yes. Yes it is, because I
was just thinking that and then you just asked the same thing!!! She said,
that she too had had a very clear thought that it was tea and we shouldn´t
drink it. Then funnily noted, darn that´s good. Haha! Well, long story
short, we ended up asking if it was tea and then explained we couldn´t
drink it. As missionaries we have a lot of rules about what food we can´t
eat here, so she wasn´t surprised, but then we went on to explain that it
is actually part of the Word of Wisdom for everyone and she was very humble
and accepted us teaching her that! It was a really cool experience!!! And I
know that the Lord will ALWAYS guide us through the Spirit, that we can
complete ALL the commandments, because He will always warn us of danger!!!
It is just always up to you, to act on those promptings and choose the
right!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!! GOTTA GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment